Is Taiwan a developed country? We’ll let you be the judge of that. Taiwan actually has a lot more merits than you might have guessed:
1. There’s no such thing as proliferation of guns in Taiwan; where as more than 11,000 people die from gun violence every year in the United States.
2. Taiwan does not invade other countries, we are a peace-loving country.
3. Taiwan has a recycling rate of 45.07%, better than the 42% of France.
4. The Global Open Data Index of 2015 (held by Open Knowledge Foundation) ranks Taiwan as number 1 in open government data, higher than the hosting country, the UK.
5. Taiwan has the average of 11.61 species of butterflies per square kilometer, more than Brazil’s 0.37.
6. The tourist growth rate of Taipei is 14.9%, higher than Tokyo.
7. The market share of foundry products manufactured by TSMC is 53.7%, higher than Globalfoundries’ 9.4%.
8. NTU Hospital performed 504 ECMO-supported heart transplant operations, which is the highest in all Asian countries. The second place in Asia is Korea with more than 400 operations.